- Manage and respond to constituency issues, including correspondence, visits and community relations
- Respond to phone calls, e-mails and visitors to the Member’s constituency office, and keep the necessary records
- Coordinate the Member’s activities in the riding
- Represent and/or accompany the Member during activities and meetings
- Monitor events in the constituency and advise the member on constituency issues, files, & questions of concerns
- Organize community gatherings in the constituency and organize and consult citizen working groups
- Manage some elements of the office budget
- Liaise with various community organizations, municipalities and government departments
- Liaise with the MLA’s Legislative office (the Office of the Green Caucus)
- Perform other tasks as needed
Due to COVID-19 precautions, some aspects of the Constituency Coordinator role will vary and will follow all COVID-19 safety procedures.
Skills and Experience
- Established verbal and written communication skills in English and French
- Strong organizational skills, ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Strong Computer Skills (Outlook/email, Windows, MS Word, etc.)
- Experience with project management software
- Knowledge of the Memramcook-Tantramar constituency and its priorities
- Government knowledge and sound political judgment
- Post-secondary degree or equivalent experience
- Experience with social media platforms an asset (Facebook, Instagram, etc.)
- Desktop publishing and graphic design an asset
- Vehicle and driver’s license an asset
Salary and schedule to be discussed. 25 hours a week. Hours can be split between the Sackville office and a home office (following all COVID-19 safety procedures).
Start Date: As soon as possible.
How to Apply
Submit resume, cover letter & contact information for two references in a single PDF to email@example.com with the subject line: Job Application/Demande d’emploi.
Interviews will begin the week of October 26th, 2020 and will continue until a suitable candidate is hired.