Communications Coordinator, Office of the Green Caucus
We are seeking a bilingual communications coordinator to support the work of Green Party leader David Coon and his caucus at the Legislative Assembly in Fredericton.
Who you are:
- You love staying on top of New Brunswick’s political news in both official languages
- You are passionate about clear, effective, and creative messaging.
- You are a proactive strategic thinker who can effectively tie long term vision into daily and weekly content across various social media and conventional platforms.
- You are highly motivated and able to produce quality content under tight timelines.
- You anticipate challenging issues using your excellent research and problem-solving skills.
- You are looking for a great opportunity to exercise your creativity and leadership skills.
- You thrive in a constantly changing environment and multitasking is what makes you tick.
What we need:
- An effective communicator who exercises sound judgment, demonstrates integrity, and strives for excellence.
- A high level of written and spoken competence in English and French
- Someone who can work individually and as part of a team to carry out short-term and long-term tasks
- A communications professional with experience in:
- Establishing relationships with media and organizing news conferences;
- Writing, editing, translating and posting communications products in both official languages;
- Researching, analyzing, developing and delivering communications strategies and plans;
- Analyzing documents and providing briefings that assess communications opportunities and challenges;
- Providing strategic communications advice to management or elected officials;
- Managing conflicting priorities and working under time-sensitive conditions.
- Based in Fredericton
- Full-time position, hours of work reflect the calendar of the Legislative Assembly
- Three weeks of paid vacation annually
- Salary range: $55,000-$60,000
Your application will state:
- Your language capability in written and spoken English and French
- Your relevant formal education
- In addition to your resume, a cover letter explaining how your meet the criteria under ‘What we need’.
How to apply:
To apply please send your resume and cover letter, which will demonstrate your ability in written English and French, as one PDF, with the Subject Line “Communications Coordinator” to Josh O’Donnell, Chief of Staff (josh.o’email@example.com). Apply early as interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis.